The Amazon’s University Programs is pleased to announce the first annual PhD Research Symposium! Within Amazon there are many applications for research science including Operations Research, Distributed Systems, Storage, Machine Learning and Computer Vision.
The Symposium will be held at the Amazon headquarters in Seattle, WA on Friday, November 22nd. The conference will feature talks by Amazon researchers and PhD students and a poster session for students to exhibit their research. The day will conclude with an evening mixer and dinner. The audience will include Amazon Researchers and members of Amazon’s Principal Engineering Community.
Amazon groups presenting will include:
· Machine Learning
· Supply Chain
· Transaction Risk Management
· Digital Products
· Amazon Web Services
The symposium is currently accepting applications from students wishing to attend. Travel and hotel expenses will be covered. The deadline for submission is October 9th.
You are invited to apply to attend the conference and also provide a 60 minute talk or a poster for the afternoon poster session.
Applications should be no longer than 300 words
· A brief description of why you would like to attend the symposium (no longer than 300 words)
· If you would like to participate in delivering a lecture (60 minutes in length), include a brief abstract of the lecture topic
· If you would like to display a poster, include an abstract of the lecture topic
· A current CV no longer than 6 pages including publication history and links to papers if available
Applications should be sent to email@example.com. Please submit your application in the form of a pdf or MS Word document. Please also add the following fields to the subject line of your email: (1) “Application for PhD Symposium” (2) Your current field of study, (3) Your current School.
Accepted attendees will receive notice by October 18th.